onwards: JOHN PHILLIPS & MICK
TAYLOR. Wembley, The
Cine-Tele Sound (CTS) Studios. Producer: John Phillips. Recordings for the film-
soundtrack ‘The Man Who Fell To Earth’. Incl.
- America (John Phillips)
- Bryce (John Phillips?)
- Desert Shack (John Phillips)
- Hello Mary Lou I (Gene Pitney/Cayet Mangiaracina) -instrumental
- Hello Mary Lou II (Gene Pitney/Cayet Mangiaracina) -vocal
- Window I (John Phillips) -movie-mix
- Window II (John Phillips) -soundtrack-album-mix
Musicians: MT (gtr)/John Phillips (voc)/Pete Kelly (p, org)/Ricky Hitchcock
(gtr)/B.J. Cole (pedal steel)/Dave Marquee (bass)/Henry Spinetti
(dr)/Frank Ricotti (perc)
Note: Hello Mary Lou I was released on CD in September 2008 (see 080909A).
America, Desert Shack & Window II were released on CD in September 2016
(see 160909A) and Hello Mary Lou II and Bryce were released on CD in
October 2016 (see 161024A).
The movie (director: Nicolas Roeg) was premiered on the 18th March 1976
760400A Spring: BACK
STREET CRAWLER. Probably London. One week of rehearsals
with Back Street Crawler.
Line-up: MT (gtr)/Terry Wilson-Slesser (voc)/John ‘Rabbit’ Bundrick (keyb)/
Terry Wilson (bass)/Tony Braunagel (dr)
760800A late August
& September (and sporadically until early 1977): JOHN PHILLIPS.
London, Olympic Sound Studios and London, Island Studios. Producers: The
Glimmer Twins. Sound engineer: Keith Harwood. Recordings for the album ‘Pay,
Pack And Follow‘ (working titles: ‘Phillips 77’ and 'Half Stoned’).
- Oh Virginia (John Phillips) -Chris Spedding on guitar
- Very Dread (John Phillips) -Chris Spedding on guitar
- Zulu Warrior (MJ/John Phillips) -Rebop on percussion, Laura and Michelle Phillips
on backing vocals
Musicians: MT (gtr)/MJ (bvoc)/KR (gtr, bvoc)/RW (bass)/John Phillips (voc, gtr)/
Jean Roussell (keyb)/James Biondillo (strings)/Ollie E. Brown (perc)/
Mike Driscoll (dr)
Note: The songs were not released before April 2001 (see 010423B) and September
2008 (see 080909A).
761000A October: SIRKEL & CO..
LP ‘Sirkel & Co.’ (Charly CRL 5003). Producer: Robin Millar. Recorded at
Rockfield Studios, South Wales in March 1976. MT played his overdubs probably
in Spring at Olympic Sound Studios, London or at Pete Townshend's studio,
- Living In The Laid Back (Eric Sirkel) -Chris Mercer and Mick Eve on sax, Ron
Carthy on trumpet
- Riff A Bit (Eric Sirkel)
- I Haven't Got Too Much Time (Eric Sirkel) -Joy Yates, Lisa Strike an Jackie
Sullivan on backing vocals
- Up On Your Cloud (Eric Sirkel) -Chris Mercer and Mick Eve on sax, Ron
Carthy on trumpet
Line-up: MT (gtr)/Eric Sirkel (voc, gtr)/Gordon Raitt (bass)/Ronnie Leahy (keyb)/
Marc Frentzel (perc, dr)/Colin Allen (dr, perc)
760000A 1976: MICK
& MILLER ANDERSON. London, Advision Studios.
Demo recordings for CBS. Incl.
- Bad Mouth Mama (Miller Anderson or MT/Jon Tiven)
- Going Down In History ( )
- How Many Roads ( )
- I Bet There Was Something I Can Do ( )
Line-up: MT (gtr)/Miller Anderson (gtr, voc)/Ronnie Leahy (keyb)/Steve
Thompson (bass)/Colin Allen (dr)
760000B 1976: HERBIE MANN.
LP ‘Reggae II’ (Atlantic ATL 1068). Producer: Herbie Mann.
Sound engineer: Gary Martin. Recorded in London, Advision Studios,
most probably in late 1973 or early 1974. Incl.
- Stoned By You (Herbie Mann)
Line-up: MT (gtr)/Herbie Mann (flute)/Albert Lee (gtr)/Rod Bryan (voc)/Hux
Brown (gtr)/Par Rebillot (clavinet, mellotron)/Gladstone Anderson
(p)/Winston Wright (org)/Jackie Jackson (bass)/Michael Richard (dr)/
Tommy McCook (tsax)/Bobby Ellis (tp)